Stott Pilates is a researched and updated version of the original Pilates version, developed by Joseph Pilates. The method was developed as early as in the 1980s, and has been ever since constantly upgraded by Moira Merrithew and Lindsay G Merrithew, over the last two decades, in association with physical therapists, sports medicine specialists and fitness experts. This is to ensure that the Stott Pilates method is in line with the latest biochemical and physiological researches.
…For a more in-depth review, please continue reading below. In addition, if you are already familiar with the products and wish to make a purchase please take advantage of our Stott Pilates Coupon Code offered below.
Stott Pilates Coupons
Stott Pilates Review
Brief Background of the Company
Moira Merrithew had her training from Romana Kryzanowska, a pupil of Joseph Pilates. Lindsay on the other hand developed the first adjustable Pilates instrument, the “Reformer” for Moira’s studio; and thus began a historical journey of the formation of a company, which has helped to bring Pilates to our homes. Moira and Lindsay Merrithew declared 1988 as the year of formation of their company.
How did Stott Pilates Become Popular?
The Pilates developed by Joseph Pilates were all wooden and did not have adjustable methods. Hence they lacked mobility, and were not user friendly. Moira and Lindsay restructured the Pilates to make them adjustable and hence accommodative to the heights of people. This was also the first step towards making Pilates household equipment.
Basic Principles of the Stott Pilates Method
The Stott Pilates method focuses on the overall strengthening of the spine, and the muscles around the joints. It works under the basic principles of pelvic, scapular, ribcage, head and cervical placements and also on the breathing mechanisms and their control. The Breathing mechanism under Stott Pilates involves the expansion of the rib cage without raising the shoulders. This allows the lower lungs to participate in the active gaseous exchange, which helps in effective breathing.
– Pelvic placement is about stabilizing the pelvis and the lumber region, in either “neutral” or “imprinted” positions.
– The Rib cage placement takes place in the neutral position, aiming at the thoracic spinal zone.
– Scapular placements are primarily about stabilizing the shoulder blades, in coordination of the neck and shoulders, thus preventing strain around this region.
– Cervical placements, as the name suggests, focus on the cervical vertebrae.
The Pilates Equipment:
– The main equipment is the ‘Reformer’, which is basically a form of carrier, which moves forward and backwards on rollers.
Pilates can be performed both on the floor mats, or on specialized equipment. The hot product currently being sold is the SPX Reformer Package.
– Resistance exercises are done through springs, in different adjustable positions. Apart from these, the mat exercises can have a number of props, like the mini stability ball, the toning ball, the fitness circle etc.
– In 2008, the ‘Reformer’ had been further improvised upon , by introducing a system of retractable ropes and pulleys, and a vertically positioned frame, that allows a three dimensional exercising motions, best suited to various sports therapeutic programs.
How is the Stott Pilates Method Unique?
The Stott Pilates differ from the other forms of training in the following aspects:
1. it provides a three dimensional motion to the user.
2. Use of springs for resistance works in tandem with muscle contractibility and hence it is an anatomically friendly method.
3. It can be customized for special needs, and creates a perfect balance between strength and flexibility.
4. Reduces pain and corrects muscle imbalances due to injury.
1. Strengthening and stabilizing the spinal muscles and the vertebral joints.
2. A greater balance and coordination in the body.
3. Increased circulation.
4. Increased levels of concentration.
5. Increased Flexibility, thus leading to reduced chances of injury.
6. A holistic growth of the mind and the body.
How to Take Part in Stott Pilates Training
You can take part in the training through specialized instructors or from home, through a series of Stott Pilates DVDs. As on 9th February 2008, the Stotts Pilates has around 24,000 specialized trainers over 96 countries, and has released about 120 DVDs, on the various forms of exercises.
Stott Pilates DVDs:
Stott Pilates have a wide range of home based DVDs; an easy way to have your Pilates exercises at home. The DVDs guide you through a variety of resistance exercises, with the use of equipment, like the ‘Flex band’ execiser, the ‘Fitness Circle’ resistance rings. These equipment are foldable and can be carried with you in transit. The DVDs come as a series, under the title of “Stott Pilates: At Home”.
In general, the DVDs come under two categories, “The Professional Matwork” and “At Home Matwork”.
The basic difference between the two is that, while in the former, you will have all the exercises at the different levels, that is the “essentials”, “intermediate’ and “advanced”, targeted at the certified courses, where Moira Merrithew or any of the master instructors will be talking and guiding a person through the exercises; in the latter, you will find the routine exercises which can be practiced from home. You will not have all the exercises at the different levels, unlike the ‘Professional matwork” DVDs.
Is there a Money Back Policy?
Yes, all Flex band exercisers, fitness circle resistance rings, Stott Pilate’s manuals and costumes are subject to a 30 day period return policy. DVDs can also be returned, if the pack is unopened.
How Often Should you Practice on the DVDs?
Ideally about 2 to 3 times a week, this can be gradually increased to 6 times a week.
Stott Pilates Coupon Code
Stott Pilates products can be purchased at a lesser cost with a Stott Pilates coupon code. These sometimes provide discounts ranging from 5% to as high as 20%. The Stott Pilates coupons are available through various online retailers, like “www.merrithew.com”, or www.dietplanstolose.com, and also if you make your purchase through their official website. Through these sites, you can take advantage of the Stott Pilates coupons, and hence discounts on the products. For most equipment sold at Stott Pilates you can redeem the discount amount.
Stott Pilates and Weight Loss
For any form of weight loss regime, a control on the calorific intake is very important. Along with this, if you can practice Stott Pilates, it will help you to tone up and provide flexibility to your muscles. For weight loss, you may refer to the DVDs, “The Secret to weight loss” volumes I and II.
An ideal condition would be to have Stott Pilates combined with Weight Training and a proper diet plan.